Busy Days

Personally, I would rather be busy than bored. Today was a busy day.

In my capacity as the Conventions and Group Tours Manager for the Chamber of Commerce, and as a member of the Chamber's Events committee, I generally get involved with lots of events.

Right now I am juggling quite a few events, and it's driving me crazy. It's not that I mind the work. It's just that so much of my work depends on other people doing their work (or at least showing the courtesy of returning phone calls). This makes for much aggravation.

The events themselves are really cool. There's the barbecue for 500 firefighters, or the pancake breakfast for 150 or so people, or the 4th of July Parade..... I just wish I had equal time to commit to all of them.

Dev is also pretty busy. Yesterday, he started his summer classes. He is taking a Spanish class that is apparently going to be pretty heavy duty.

Additionally, we are thinking about buying some property and perhaps at some time in the undefined future building a house on it. And we are thinking about building it ourselves, using straw bale construction (two weeks ago I had never really heard of it). We would also be "off the grid," meaning it would be solar powered. This is quite a radical departure in thinking for me. I am an East Coast On the Grid kinda girl....or at least I thought I was. Dev and I are in the heavy researching phase of this whole thing. As we get farther into the process, I'll start posting pics of property and such. It's just kinda fun to think of building something yourself on your own little chunk of dirt....

Comments

michelle said…
"It's just kinda fun to think of building something yourself on your own little chunk of dirt...."

Boy, can I relate to that! :)

Popular Posts