Trains



Alamosa is a train town. Many cities in the west were settled by the railroads.

The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad runs a loop that begins in Alamosa, continues to LaVeta, and returns to Alamosa. The trip lasts from 9am to around 4:45pm. The train officially begins it's season Memorial Day Weekend, and runs through the middle of October. I can't wait to take the trip.

This year will be a bit different. The Rio Grande has purchased a 1901 era steam engine. It will pull the train on weekends and holidays.

The new/old engine was transported to Alamosa from New Orleans via truck. The pieces arrived this morning. I had to go back to the office to sift through piles of email- but Dev was out and about taking the last of his final exams. He took a few neat pics and I have posted them here.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Sis,
I checked into the blog today to see what I have been missing. Well, do you talk about anything other than Food! The train peice was nice. I love the gratin-"Off the floor". Dev get a point for that one. I hope you are doing great. Sorry you have a self inflicted BOOBOO! Rub some aloe on it and it will be fine. I miss you and love you lots!--Cindy

Popular Posts