Valley Travels

So in spite of the horrendous pressure I've been under lately, Dev and I took off to see a little bit of the Valley this weekend.
Our weekend started off helping set up the first ceremony of the "San Luis Valley Memorial Day Heritage Festival." Things got off to a stressful start, with the hay bale guy showing up late, and no power source to be found for the sound system guy. Luckily, the Chairman of the County Commission made a few calls for me and got a building open so we could get some power. All these things added up in my mind to one inescapable conclusion: I am not a very good event planner. Here is the sad part: I plan events pretty much for a living. Not good, huh?
Anyway, once the ceremony was over, the sound system guy packed up, and the flags were returned to their rightful owner, Dev and I decided to drive to Creede.
The "Taste of Creede" festival was going on there, and I had read a good bit about it. They have a big sidewalk sale, food vendors and live music. Sounded like a good way to spend the rest of a Saturday to me! And as a bonus, our friends Tonya, Shane and Sarah (who were also part of the cat herding ceremony earlier) also decided to go. So- we got to spend the afternoon with good friends.
Because we had all woken up way early that morning to make sure the Memorial Day stuff came off alright, we were all pooped by about 2:30. Tonya, Shane and Sarah left Creede. Dev and I stayed long enough to hike up to an old mine, but headed home soon after.
On the way, we stopped to scout out some spots along the Rio Grande River for future fishing trips.
I will post some pics from the trip as soon as I have the energy to get up off the couch and empty the camera. Not likely for the next few hours.......

Comments

Popular Posts