Just Another Lovely Spring Day in the Valley


IMG_1115, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

Last Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. It was the first day since before Thanksgiving that I went out without a jacket on. It was sunny, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. I allowed myself to think, just for a fraction of a second, that Spring might be right around the corner.
Silly, silly me.
Sunday morning we awoke to howling winds and sideways snow fall. Crap. Why oh why are we teased mercilessly???
Same thing happened this week. Tuesday was beautiful. It was warm and most of the snow had melted. Out on playground duty, I didn't have to yell at kids to stay off the ice. Then Wednesday lowered the boom again. Out on playground duty, it was snowing. Double crap.
Now I'm sitting here, catching up on all my blogging, and I'm watching snow falling at an alarming rate. The only upside of this is that perhaps it will blizzard all night long and get me out of JURY DUTY tomorrow. Yeah, I know.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
YUCK YUCK AND YUCK - we are buried in the amount of snow you have - only for us its Pollen.

Di
Anonymous said…
i remember feeling teased and cheated from March, April and yes, even sometimes May when i lived in Buffalo. point of fact - May 15 1989 i woke up to 12 inches of snow!!!!!!!
it makes you appreciate the really beautiful days, though. really :)

Popular Posts