Roasted Tomato Pasta


IMG_1154, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

This is one of our favorite dinners. I swear I make this once every 2 weeks.
I like it because you can truly use anything you have in the fridge. The recipe is simple....
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Put some water on and boil whatever pasta you want to use. Tonight I used bowtie pasta and a few smashed up lasagna noodles I needed to get rid of. When it is done, drain it, put it back in the pot and hit it with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
Defrost whatever protein you want to use. I used about half a pound of frozen shrimp.
Put 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil in an 8x8 pyrex dish, or whatever oven safe container you have.
I sliced 3 big cloves of garlic and put them in the pan, then cut about 16 grape tomatoes in half and threw them in with the garlic.- then salt and pepper to taste.
Let the tomatoes and garlic roast about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are wilty.
Take it out of the oven and add whatever else you want. I added sliced mushrooms, 2 chopped scallions, half a small container of feta cheese and the shrimp (which I had shelled and deveined). Add a little more olive oil and put it back in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and done.
Take it out of the oven and pour it directly in the pan with the pasta. Stir it all up and add a little chile oil for some heat (or you can add chile flakes at the very beginning before you roast the tomatoes. Sometimes I add a tablespoon or so of pesto, but I didn't have any tonight.
I garnished with grated parmesan and fresh basil. I also served a few slices of crusty french bread to mop up the yummie sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts