Things Can Always Get Worse....

How can it get worse than having to boil all water you use? Waking up Easter morning, preparing to bake a Guinness Cheesecake for your sweetie and HAVING YOUR OVEN CRAP OUT ON YOU.

I'm not kidding. It started making a weird buzzing noise and when I opened the door, the coil in the bottom appeared to be on fire. After allowing he oven to cool, Dev took the racks out and looked at the coil- which is broken into about 3 pieces. How does that even happen? I baked biscotti Friday night and a pizza last night with no problem.

So now, not only does the cheesecake not get baked (thank God I preheated the oven before I actually mixed the filling. The only casualty was the crust.), but my plans for roasted chicken and asparagus for Easter dinner must be changed.

Oh well, it will give me a chance to do one of my favorite Alice Walker recipes for braising chicken. I'll post more about the situation later!

Comments

Anonymous said…
UGH! Sorry Mimi!
Di

Popular Posts