Tea

I love tea.

I love hot tea. I love sweetened ice tea.

The problem is I shouldn't really drink tea. I have had kidney stones in the past and my doctor has told me (several times) I shouldn't drink it because of the tannic(sp) acid. I also shouldn't drink caffeinated tea because my body tends to be very sensitive to caffeine and it makes it difficult for me to sleep.

So I switched to decaf tea. But then I started reading about the methods companies use to decaffeinate tea- many chemicals- that can't be good. I don't know a lot about it, but it seems to me I'm doing more harm than good by drinking massive quantities of commercially decaffeinated tea.

So that leads me to green tea. I have no idea if green tea contains caffeine. I hope it doesn't, because my doctor seems happy with me switching to it. I am even considering making ice tea out of it, although that might be slightly costly.

I don't think I could ever completely go without tea. But if the green tea thing doesn't work out, I guess I'll have to seriously cut back. So sad.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It does have caffene, but small amounts - here is a chart that may be helpful
http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm
Diane
Anonymous said…
have you ever tried herbal teas? many are naturally caffeine free! i love tea as well but cannot tolerate much caffeine. so i switched t mainly herbal teas.. and decaf grean tea too!

Popular Posts