Another Lovely Sunday Breakfast



Have I mentioned lately how much I love weekend breakfasts? I'm sure I have. Most of my posts seem to be about weekend breakfast.

Dev and I went to Sante Fe and Albequerque this weekend, so Sunday was the only day I cooked.

I had a ton of veggies left in the fridge from the harvest at the greenhouse last weekend, and I needed to use everything up fast (We are headed out again Tuesday to go to Montrose til Sunday).

I have posted about rostis before. I have found these to be a great way to clean out the refrigerator. Basically it's a big potato pancake with whatever you want on the top, shoved under the broiler til it's a big hunk of melty cheesy love. Here's a link to my original rosti post.

This time around I used bacon, onion, swiss chard, mushrooms and tomatoes, topped with cheddar cheese. Because Dev doesn't like fried eggs, I topped his with scrambled eggs when it came out from under the broiler. I, on the other hand, am a runny yolk person, so I topped mine with a couple of fried eggs. There's something about the yolk that helps emulsify the whole dish.

Anyway, as usual, these were to die for. When Dev and I retire and have all the time in the world, I might just make these during the week, too. But right now, he'll have to suffer through crappy weekday breakfasts to get to the decent weekend stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts