"There Will Be Blood"

More like "There Will Be Questions- and There Won't Be Any Answers."

Dev and I watched "There Will Be Blood" last night. I had heard it was a good movie, so we were looking forward to watching it.

We piled on the sofa with our deconstructed barbecue chicken pizza (the cornbread crust stuck to the skillet so badly it wouldn't come out, so I just piled the scrambled up cornbread on the plate and put the pizza toppings on it), and got ready to be spellbound. Only that didn't happen.

To be fair, some of my negative attitude about the movie may be due to the fact that the movie stuck several times, and we had to stop it, restart it and go through the chapter selection menu to get back to where we were. I'm not sure if this is a netflix problem, or a "Mimi needs a new DVD player" problem.

But even giving credit for that, I still didn't get the movie.

The performances were good and all that- I have always been a fan of Daniel Day Lewis. To me, the best character in the movie was that crazy preacher Eli. As a matter of fact, he made me think about that preacher character in the "Polstergeist" movies. I bet that's what the old preacher man was like when he was young- CREEPY.

Anyway- that character really skeezed me out. I probably should have felt sorry for him at the end of the movie when Daniel Day Lewis bludgeoned him to death with a bowling pin, but I just couldn't. I figure he had it coming.

I think the next movie in our queue (sp) is "Ironman." I'm pretty sure that won't disappoint. It should have enough gratuitous explosions and violence to hold our attention. Not to mention, Robert Downey, Jr. ain't too tough to look at, ya know??

Comments

Popular Posts