Sante Fe/Albequerque

This weekend Dev and I took off for Sante Fe and Albequerque.

Dev is taking an artillery class at Adams State, and he needed to go to some sort of artillery re-enactors event at the New Mexico Veterans' Memorial in Albequerque.

So he came and picked me up from school on Friday and we hit the road for Sante Fe. We stayed at a charming little place called the Olde Sante Fe Inn. It had a nice southwestern vibe, with strings of chilies hanging from the doorways, and beautiful tile work in the rooms. Here's a shot of the outside of our room...



It was very reasonably priced, and I would love to go back when we can stay for the whole weekend- preferably during the winter, when there aren't as many people running around using up oxygen.

We left Saturday morning and drove into Albequerque.

I dropped Dev off at the Veterans' Memorial...



Which, by the way, is very cool. You should go sometime.

Then I embarked on my own little adventure.

Albequerque is a big city.

I am really bad at navigating.

And I was by myself.

But I did ok. First I went to this international market down the street from the memorial. It was huge, and it had anything you could ever want. It reminded me of a scaled down version of the Dekalb Farmers' Market in Decatur, GA.

I was very good and only purchased a few small items (chinese noodles, dashi flakes and dried wakame).

After that, I drove to the Barnes and Noble to get a map. I figured it couldn't hurt, right?

Here's how badly I needed a map- I couldn't find the same door out of the Barnes and Noble, so I went out the back door, and accidently found a huge mall.

So I bopped around in the mall for an hour or two, then decided I was bored and went back to the memorial and knitted and watched Dev's class learn how to load and fire a civil war era canon.

After class, Dev and I went to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, did a quick run through of the Borders, and drove home.

I think it was the most exciting weekend we'd had in a while!

I have more of the pics from the trip posted to my flickr page...

Comments

Popular Posts