My Private Shame...

Everyone has something embarassing they don't want anyone else to know...webbed feet, fear of paper clips...something. And most people take great pains to make sure no one ever finds out about their "thing."

Well, I want to exorcise my demons right here, right now.

This semester Dev has had all night classes, and one night a week I eat dinner by myself. I have to eat dinner unsupervised. All alone. No one knows what I eat. Except me. I am a bad, bad girl.

I want the world to know that I do not have the intestinal fortitude to resist the siren song of the tater tot. I'm not talking half way healthy baked tater tots. I'm not even talking home made tater tots. I'm talking about very specific tater tots... from SONIC.

I know, I know. I'm a food snob who criticizes every restaurant meal I ever eat. I'm a purist who insists on home made yogurt and bacon. I like home made pizza better than pizza from a restaurant. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! I LOVE SONIC TATER TOTS!

They are so horrible for me. And I feel so guilty when I eat them. I don't even want Dev to know...I take the trash out of the house and throw it in the apartment dumpster so he won't see it.

The only saving grace for me is that after the middle of December, I will no longer be eating unsupervised. When Dev is around I make much better food choices.

But I feel better having shared this with you. It's almost like therapy (but less expensive).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tater Tot - Lorelie is thy name. DI

Popular Posts