Weekend Update...

What a busy weekend! I didn't get to do as much cooking as I wanted (needed) to do, but it was great to be out around town and active!

Friday I went to an organizational meeting for the Artwalk. Unfortunately, because of funding issues, there won't be an Artwalk this year (it's supposed to be in March)- but a few people are starting to meet so we can seek other sources of funding to recreate Artwalk for next year. I think it's a wonderful community event and I'm eager to jump in and do whatever is necessary to help bring it back!

Saturday I went to the Vintage Garage and participated in a knitting party of sorts. This really neat person named Kim runs a gorgeous little yarn shop in the Vintage Garage, and she invited local knitters to come to her shop and sit and talk and knit. We ended up sitting at the back table in "Back in Thyme" (a WONDERFUL place to eat if you've never been in there). Kim didn't get to spend very much time with us, because she had to work the register at the store- which is a shame because she seems like a really neat person and I'd love to pick her brain and get to know her better!

Sunday Dev and I went over to the Community Greenhouse to help them do the last of their fall harvesting and bring in the watering system, etc. I had such a great time! Here's a pic of the last of the late fall veggies we harvested...




We are planning to keep going every Sunday for the rest of the winter, as the greenhouse will be open and producing veggies and plants all year around. There are so many knowledgeable(sp) people volunteering there, you can't help but learn stuff while you work.

After working in the greenhouse, my friend Jan and I went to another knitting party at another friend's house. I find it so relaxing and rewarding to sit with other women as they knit and talk. Again- I learn so much just by osmosis....

Sunday night I came home and used the kale and onions we had harvested earlier, and whipped up some fish tacos. Here's a pic...



The whole process was really easy. I washed and chopped the kale, sliced the mushrooms and onions. After putting some olive oil and minced garlic in a skillet, I basically just wilted everything down.

I blackened some tilapia in the same skillet, then threw it on a tortilla with tomato salsa (made with the last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse).

It was a great meal (and really easy, too).

I suppose there's something to be said for busy weekends!

Comments

kimberly said…
Found you! I went through my knitting bag and so glad to finally find the slip of paper where you wrote your blog address. I love your blog, and those fish tacos look heavenly. How is your knitting? Hope to see you soon, Kim

Popular Posts