Movie Night

After the chicken parm was safely out of the oven, Dev and I headed over to Tonya and Shane's for our first Movie Night.


We ate a lovely dinner, then decided to go play in the park to make room for dessert. After watching Sarah play with the other kids on the merry go round, we decided to wander over to the tennis courts. Dev agreed to hit the ball around with Sarah for a while. I know Tonya took several pics of this match up. I only took one.

This is a Marla Hooch shot of Dev. We all had a good time standing around talking and chasing tennis balls everywhere.

We returned to the house to eat chocolate cake and watch a movie. Tonya had selected "Farmer Astronaut" (or is it "Astronaut Farmer?"). Anyway, whichever it is, the movie was pretty good. I mean some of it was unbelievable, not only from a technical standpoint (not that I'm a science person- but I'd think freefalling through the earth's atmosphere with only a little parachute and landing on the solid ground- not in the water- would bang a person up a little more), but also from an emotional standpoint. If my husband built a rocket in the garage, fine, but when he pulls the kids out of school for 5 weeks to be his FLIGHT CREW, I think I might speak up and call the padded room police. Not to mention spending our life savings on rocket fuel.....

But it was just a movie, and overall very entertaining. Bruce Willis didn't even crawl all over my last nerve, and that's saying something. And it did have a pretty decent message about refusing to give up on your dreams. AND if you pay attention in pre-algebra class, you can, at 15, know everything you need to be able to launch a rocket into the earth's atmosphere- who knew?


Comments

Anonymous said…
>>but when he pulls the kids out of school for 5 weeks to be his FLIGHT CREW, I think I might speak up and call the padded room police.

Heh.. see now that's something I would TOTALLY do if I were a rocket scientist!
Anonymous said…
Bruce Willis is in this - ugh - I thought it was Billy Bob Thorton - I don't think I could take it with Bruce Willis, but maybe it wouldn't be too bad if he's not randomly blowing things up.
michelle said…
I can't believe no one took pictures of dinner... I was SURE there were going to dinner pictures! *sniff*

;)
Anonymous said…
Diane - Bruce Willis has a minor role (no blowings-up!) alongside Billy Bob Thornton (main character).

Popular Posts