What a Week!

So much to write about....so much I'd like never to experience again!

So my last post was on the eve of the last campfire at Tonya and Shane's house at Zapata. It turned out to be quite lovely, in spite of Tonya's continuing battle with allergies. I have a few pics and as soon as I remember to take them off the camera, I will post them. Tonya also has pics posted on her Flickr page.

Sunday was fairly non-descript. Dev and I puttered around the house most of the day, then went to the park and practiced putting up our tent.

Monday was the beginning of the end....

I woke up not feeling great, but not feeling bad enough to stay home from work. As the day progressed, my stomach was hurting- really burning more than hurting. I figured I'd have a sandwich for lunch and it would go away. Unfortunately, it didn't. By the time I left work Monday, I was in a good deal of pain. I took some ibuprofen when I got home and hit the couch. By 10:30 the pain had changed into something much sharper and all over my belly. At 11pm I had had enough and asked Dev to drive me to the emergency room. After being poked and prodded and examined, it was determined I had no sign of infection, and nothing "seemed" life threatening. I was told by the doctor I had 2 choices: 1- go home and if things get worse come back to the ER or go to a doctor or 2- have blood work and a CT scan, but because you don't have insurance, it would be pricey. Needless to say, I went home.
The next morning I woke up in a good amount of pain. So I chose to call the clinic and set up an appointment with a doctor. They could not see me until 2:15, so I took the appointment and curled up on the couch to wait it out. At the clinic, again I was poked and prodded, and again told that nothing seemed life threatening, but if I wanted to continue with tests, I'd have to talk to their financial person before anything would be scheduled. However, the PA I saw said he felt that this was some sort of gastro-intestinal thing and I should take the prescriptions for Nexium and Tylenol 3 with Codeine, then swig Maalox 4 times a day to see if that made things better.
Tuesday night and all day Wednesday are a blur, because although the Tylenol 3 does a bang up job on pain, it also knocks me out- oh, and completely obliterates my appetite.
Thursday morning I attempted to come back to work and gave up at noon. It seems that when you don't eat anything, it's impossible to feel better. After coming home Thursday afternoon, Devin forced me to eat some lunch, and I took the advice of my friend Diane and started making myself eat some yogurt. I even got up off the couch and took a short walk before dinner. Miraculously, I began feeling much better! I even cooked some piddly little dinner last night for the first time all week.
So now it's Friday, I'm back at work, and I feel almost 100 percent myself!

Comments

Anonymous said…
mimi - you can get an over the counter probiotic (like eating LOTS of yoghurt) called "Culturelle" - that should help your belly get better fast. glad you are feeling better!
Heidi
Anonymous said…
Glad the advice helped...I AM a doctor after all - hehe.
Di

Popular Posts