New Hairdo





So I went and had my hair cut today. I haven't had a real hair cut in probably more than 10 years.


I went in thinking I wanted it cut, but not necessarily drastic. The stylist and I talked for about 10 minutes about what I really wanted. Then she said if I really wanted to make a change, why not really make it count. She told me if I cut 10" off the length of my hair, it could be donated to Locks of Love. Then it would be used to make wigs for kids who have cancer. So I agreed. 10 seconds later I had no hair.


I suppose it isn't horrible. But it will take a while to get used to. I will probably like it after it grows out a bit.


Plus- it looks bad in these pics because I had to walk through 2 construction zones to get back to work, and our building isn't air conditioned, so I sat at my desk and sweated for an hour and a half before quittin' time.


Well, anyway, it's done and there's nothing I can do about it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like it! See it wasn't that bad to try something new. Besides..you'll wait another 10 years to cut it again anyway and you won't remember this :)
It really looks great.
Anonymous said…
Well, *I* like it. What was Devin's reaction?
Anonymous said…
Awesome! A neato haircut and a good cause - I like it. Seriously it looks cute. Your smile in the top picture looks exactly like your Mom's.
Mimi said…
You know, that's funny, cuz I said the same thing about that pic after Dev took it. I look exactly like my mom in this pic. I think it's the smile and the eyes. Thank you for the compliment!
Mimi said…
T- I don't think Dev is thrilled, but he's being a trooper and going along with me (he hasn't got much choice). He has been bringing up all the positives (less vacuum cleaner and shower drain maintenance, etc).
michelle said…
I think the haircut is great!
Anonymous said…
Mimi,

You look 10 years younger! Go girl!!

~April

Popular Posts