Santa Fe

So this weekend, Dev and I took off for Santa Fe. We were meeting Tonya and Shane for brunch and a day of shopping and playing tourist. Tonya has posted her photos of the weekend here. I posted mine here.
I'm also going to post some of them on this blog.
Here we are as we loaded up the truck and headed out on the open road....


Dev seems to get a little irritated when I pull out the camera to take a pic. So here's the way he tries to discourage me from doing this....




But he's so cute...it won't work.
So we drove in and met Tonya, Shane and Sarah at Harry's Roadhouse for brunch. Here's what it looks like:

I can't begin to tell you how outrageously good the food was here. And it was pretty inexpensive as well. All 5 of us ate brunch for about $50.00. I wish I had thought to take a pic of my food, but I didn't. I had chilaquiles with fried eggs. Dev had shrimp and grits. Both of us were very happy with our food.
After brunch we headed to Jackelope, which is, according to Tonya, like Pier One, only better and mostly outside. It had all kinds of southwestern furniture and knicknacks. It even has a live glass blowing demonstration. The best thing about it to me, however, was the prairie dog colony that lives in the middle of the place. Here is my favorite pic, but there are more on my flickr page.

After checking in to the hotel, we headed down to the plaza for some shopping. You can check out the flickr page for those pics. Most of them are Dev hiding from the camera again.
I'd love to go back when we have more time to run around- and when I remember to take pics of the outrageous food.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome - looks like a fun day! You will be jealous to know that we went to see Greg Williams tonight - he's better than ever, though I have to say, a bit bloated looking after 10 years :)

Popular Posts