Birthday Brownies!!


IMG_2165, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

I decided instead of making a cake for my sister’s birthday, I’d make brownies. Unfortunately, I was also making the rest of the dinner, so from scratch brownies weren’t really possible (well they could have been- but it’s freakin’ hot in that kitchen!).

Just as I was wondering how to make a brownie mix more appealing, my Mom hands me a recipe for “Brownie Supreme.” Basically, this is a glorified brownie mix. Perfect! And it was pretty easy, although by the time I got finished doing the extra steps I probably could have made brownies from scratch….Oh well!

Brownie Supreme

Dump contents of brownie mix in a medium bowl and add ¾ c. of sifted all purpose flour. Put all liquid ingredients called for by the recipe in another bowl. Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the wet ingredients.

In a double boiler, but one stick of butter and 2 squares (2 oz) of unsweetened chocolate. Melt it, then add 1 cup of sugar. Mix together.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, then add the chocolate mixture. Stir everything together- but don’t over stir.

Pour into a large pyrex dish and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until set in the middle.

After they cooled in the pan, I stacked mine on a cake plate and stuck candles in them. In my opinion, this is way better than a cake! (Unless you make me a homemade red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting.)

Comments

TayDenise said…
those were YUM.:):)kept us up all night haha...

I have a blogspot btw:)check it out sometime

Popular Posts