Party!!!

Di and I decided to have an open house party the Sunday after the 4th of July- so we wouldn't detract from family celebrations.

Di made turkey burgers, Suz put together some tasty bean dip, and I roasted some veggies to be put on sliced baguettes with goat cheese. Everyone else was instructed to bring an edible and whatever they wanted to drink.

Our turn out was light, because as usual, it clouded up and a storm threatened about 4:30 (the party was to start at 5). But the ones who braved the weather brought great food and we all had a wonderful time! Diane, Suzanne and I were joined by Jim and Kathy Ryan (friends from childhood and college), Mr. and Mrs. Ricks (Suz and Di's parental units) and 2 of Suz's friends from Belk (sorry I don't remember names!).

Here's a pic of Di grilling the turkey burgers- with moral support from her Mom, Jackie....



Suz, Jim and Kathy held down the appetizer table while Di grilled burgers and I prepared toppings...



At some point I'm sure Diane and Suz will post pics from the party as well. I think Suz might even create a flickr page for herself just for the occasion!!

Comments

Popular Posts