Strolls Down Memory Lane...

I have been taking lots of those lately.

On this particular evening, Mom and I decided to take some aluminum cans to the recycling center behind our church. Since we live right around the corner, we grabbed the dog and the leash and walked over.

The church where I was raised has an interesting history. It is one of the older congregations in the state of Georgia. The church has been meeting on this site since not too long after the colony was founded.

Behind the church is a graveyard, with graves dating back to the early 1800's.

As Mom and I walked through the graveyard to get to the recycling bins, I decided to snap some pics. Sometimes it's hard to believe my sister and I used to run through it to get home from church (because it was dark and we were both scared out of our wits).

Here are some of the pics. Hopefully I'll be able to return there before I leave and take some better ones. Maybe I'll even have time to copy some of the information from them.









Oh- and here's a bonus pic of the dog walking Mom....

Comments

Popular Posts