Country Bob Cook-Off



These are the pork kabobs I made for the Country Bob Cook-Off.

I made the sauce from about 3 glugs of Country Bob's sauce, 2 glugs of soy sauce, a dash of pineapple juice and a clove of minced garlic. The pork pieces marinated for about 2 hours in the marinade, then I skewered the pork with red pepper, onion, pineapple and canteloupe.

The pork had a pretty good flavor- a little sweet, but that was the point.

Diane made grilled chicken using Country Bob sauce as a marinade and baste. I thought the chicken turned out well.

Both dishes tasted good- but I think Diane probably was a little truer to the premise of the contest because the Country Bob sauce was the dominant ingredient in her dish, whereas I only used it as a background flavor in mine.

We both agree that the sauce makes a great addition to a recipe, but probably not as a stand alone sauce or baste. This comes mainly from our avoidance of high fructose corn syrup- and the Country Bob sauce contains a pretty hefty amount of it.

We enjoyed preparing our dishes, and I'm sure Suz enjoyed being our unbiased taste-tester. Of course, in true Suz fashion, she didn't really pick one dish over the other.

Comments

Illatharasi said…
Kabab looks colourful :)... but I wont eat pork;)

Popular Posts