Birthday Dinner Request


IMG_2169, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

Birthday Crab and Shrimp Au Gratin!

Admittedly, this is not how I would prefer to use premium seafood. However, it is my sister’s birthday, and she gets to pick the menu for her dinner- and this is one of her favorites. So I made it. Or she would have beat me up (and I’m sure she still can).

Crab and Shrimp Au Gratin

2 c. milk
4 T. AP flour
1/3 t. salt
1/3 t. pepper
1/8 t. Tabasco sauce
2/3 c. cheez whiz
8 oz cooked shrimp (I poached mine in water with lemon, coriander, black peppercorns and salt)
4 oz cooked crab (I used a full pound of claw meat)
1 T. butter
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 sleeve ritz crackers, pulverized and mixed with half a stick of melted butter

Mix flour, salt, pepper and hot sauce with part of the milk in a jar; shake well. Add Cheez Whiz with the rest of the milk and 1 T. butter in a double boiler; cook until cheez has melted. Add flour mixture; stir until smooth and thickened.

Add seafood and pour into casserole dish. Top with grated cheese and buttered cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Comments

Illatharasi said…
Looks yummy:)

Your sis it so lucky to have you:)

Convey my birthday wishes to her!
Anonymous said…
aunt mimi thats horrible.
momma would not beat you up:P

--TaylorDenise
Mimi said…
I'm sorry- have you met your mother??? She most certainly would beat me up.

Popular Posts