BBQ Chicken



Barbecued Chicken. It sounds so simple. Google it. You will be amazed at the number of recipes for sauces and methods you will find.

Chicken is one of my favorite things to roast and grill. And BBQ chicken is all that much better.

So I began to look around for a sweet, spicy sauce to slather all over some beautiful organic chicken quarters I bought at the store.

I found the perfect sauce recipe in the Foodtv magazine. And it was a Bobby Flay recipe. That suits me just fine, because I love his recipes for grilling, and I love the spice in his recipes.

Here's the recipe- scanned right out of the magazine...



I'm pretty sure I followed it to the letter, although I think I substituted vegetable oil for canola.

The results were terrific! It is sweet and thick and spicy! Next time I will add a little more chipotle, though. After refrigerating it a few days, it lost some of the depth of the heat.

I roasted the chicken at 400 until it was about 10 degrees from done (it had reached 160 on an instant read thermometer), then I slathered on the sauce and put it back in the oven to reach 170.

The chicken shared the plate with some garlic smashed potatoes and roasted squash. A very yummie meal indeed. It will be repeated several more times before the summer season is over. I can't wait to put this sauce on some grilled chicken, or even pork....the possibilities are endless!

Comments

Popular Posts