I Gots No Math Skilz

I love reading food blogs. I get inspired on an almost daily basis by what I read about what other people are having for dinner.

The down side?? METRIC. I read a number of blogs from other countries, and the recipes on these blogs invariably give measurements in metric units. ARGGGHH!

I've tried doing the conversion math in the past- with disastrous results. But earlier this week I found a site that has opened up a whole new world of recipes for me (ok- so I had a little help from Dev on this one).

If you need to convert nasty metric units into nice, easy to understand standard units, go here. All you have to do is type the amount, then the units given and the units you want. Presto- your new measurements are right there for you to see!

I used this nifty site to convert the measurements for the flat bread crackers I'm making for the festivities this coming up week. I'll post about the crackers later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Mimi

I know what you're saying though for me it's the other way around! I prefer to convert cups to metric ;)

I found a little widget for my blog a couple of weeks back (coincidentally about the same time as your post in fact, hehe) which does the same sort of thing and I think is very handy having it on your own blog as you never have to worry about losing the link!

It's called Culiverter.

Popular Posts