A Sign of the Coming APOCALYPSE



I've been banging around in the kitchen all day, anticipating the arrival of my fellow kitchen-adventurer, Diane.

I took a break whilst one of my experiments was in the oven and decided to see what was going on in the world of the internets.

Imagine my shock when the lead off article on the Yahoo! homepage was about the lousy economy threatening to destroy KRISPY KREME!!!

Please, say it ain't so. Why can't the economy destroy something I don't like...take McDonalds, or Burger King, or coconut farms, or licorice factories. Why Krispy Kreme?? Life will be difficult to live without Krispy Kreme. Ok- so I don't eat them much (because they are so good and so BAD for you) and they aren't really available where I live (except sometimes in boxes shipped God knows how far to get to my local supermarket). But life was richer just knowing that somewhere, someone just like me was biting into a fresh-off-the-conveyor-belt Krispy Kreme donut.

So- to keep this ultimate evil from happening, I want everyone who reads this blog (all 4 of you) to go out and buy dozens and dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts. We have to save this cultural icon! We have to preserve this wonderful treat for our children and their children and their children after them. Do you want your progeny to grow up in a world without the soft melty-goodness of a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme donut??? I know I don't want that. Selfishly, I don't want that for me. I want to go home to Savannah this summer and be able to gawk at the conveyor belt laden with hundreds of little glazed love pillows. I want to stand in the store and eat 2 of them right off the belt and wash them down with some ice cold milk.

Economy be damned!! I want my donuts!!

Comments

Sammie said…
Gosh, I've never even had a Kripsy Kreme doughnut in my whole life (and I'm over 50!). I guess I've lived in the San Luis Valley for too long. Next time we go somewhere like Santa Fe or Pueblo, I hope to try one!
Mimi said…
Well, Sammie, it is high time you had one!
I don't remember seeing a Krispy Kreme in Santa Fe or Pueblo, but you can bet I'll look next time I'm in either place!!
Suzanne said…
I will do my part, just for you :)
Kris said…
OMG girl! I saw that same article and could not believe my eyes. Nothing is better than a hot fresh KK "love pillow" (you so aptly named it!) right out of the grease! I pity anyone who has never had the pleasure. Do whatever it takes to get one! Will you be in Savannah this summer? If we coincide, I propose a MAJOR KK ROAD TRIP!!!
Kris
Mimi said…
We are trying to get out there around the 15th of July. I'll email you when we know for sure!!

Popular Posts