Wedding Flower Smack-Down... Irises Vs. Peonies






Dev and I went out looking at wedding flowers today.

I suppose I don't pay too much attention to flowers. I have never been willing to spend my valuable and all too sparse grocery money on cut flowers.

Perhaps this is why I almost choked when the helpful florist lady told me that a simple, handheld bouquet of 2 purple irises and a few yellow daisies was going to cost $45.00. Do you have any idea how much sushi you can get for $45.00?

So I decided I wasn't going to pay that.

I asked Dev to take me to City Market. That's right. I am buying my wedding flowers from a supermarket. You know why? Because I found my absolute favorite flower in the whole world there, and they will make a handheld bouquet of them for me (including greenery and ribbon) for $12.99. They are even making a buttonier(sp) for Dev.

What is my most favoritist flower in the whole world, you ask?? Why, it is the peony. I have always loved them, but they don't grow well back home. I didn't even see them in the case. Dev was looking around and called my attention to them.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I am getting my all time favorite flower and a buttonier for Dev for $22.00, instead of paying $55.00 for flowers I wasn't that thrilled with.

I guess I'll spend the extra $33.00 on sushi!!! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
When are you getting married, where, can we come?
KA said…
Congratulations and best wishes to you both!
Unknown said…
Why not a sushi bouquet?!
Rachael said…
It's amazing what you'll find walking through a supermarket. There are occassions where they carry flowers you could only dream about.

Popular Posts