The Wedding!



Some mornings I wake up and I still can't believe we actually went through with it. After threatening to get married for over a year, we took the plunge.

It was a very simple ceremony, performed by a local judge, right outside the courthouse. The weather was as perfect as it could be here in Alamosa (plenty of sunshine but very windy), and things went off without a hitch.

Dev's family was there (unfortunately, mine could not attend, but my friend Diane from Georgia happened to be here visiting, so she stood up for me. She's like a sister to me, anyway, so it was perfect) and my friends Mel and Cheri from school and Claire, Connie, Kim and Debbie from my knitting circle came. Kim's husband, Brian, wants to get into wedding photography, so he came and took some groovy pics. Kim also brought a cake (the one you see in the pic above).

After the ceremony, we all walked over to the local brew pub and had some dinner.

All in all, I'd say it was exactly what we wanted it to be. Simple, un-fussy and to the point. I would have liked for my family to have been there, but I'm sure we will mark the occasion when we fly home at the end of July.

Here are a few more pics of the festivities....





Comments

Sammie said…
Congratulations on your marriage, Mimi and Dev! I hope you have a wonderful, fun and loving life together. It is wonderful when people love and care for each other enough to marry and make a total commitment to each other. Best Wishes!!

Popular Posts