A 4.0 and Dessert!!!!

Ah Thursday....what a torturous day you are.

On the one hand, Thursday is my roughest day of the week. I teach all day on Thursday, and it's the kindergarteners. The kindergarteners are truly a mixed blessing. They are little and cute and they say funny stuff, but they are also wiggly and hyper and harder to control than their first grade counterparts.

But on the other hand, Thursday is pretty close to Friday, which is usually a really good day for me.

Dev and I had RSVP'd to attend the Adams State College's academic awards soiree at the Inn of the Rio Grande tonight at 6pm. Because I have severely neglected my grocery shopping and meal cooking duties, we had NOTHING in the fridge to eat.

I suggested we go get some pizza, then head over to the Inn for the program.

So that's what we did. The pizza was good. The program, alas, was not.

I can overlook the fact that the keynote speaker got held up in Denver and couldn't make it. The guy from the math department that took over did a very nice job. What I can't overlook is the fact that more than one student was left off the President's List, which is reserved for students who maintain a 4.0. If the students can put out the effort to earn the grades, the very least the college can do is double check their list to make sure they put everyone on it. Dev has maintained a 4.0 every single semester he's been on their campus, but was left off the Spring 08 list. So was a friend of his who happened to be sitting at our same table. They both made it on the Fall list, but were left off the other list. It just drives me crazy. Oh- and they spelled Dev's name wrong on his award. How hard is it to spell William, for crying out loud???? And was no one willing to proofread the freakin' certificates??

I guess this is just the last straw for me. Dev has had to deal with the complete and utter ineptitude on campus at ASC now for 3 years. I will be very glad when we can move on and deal with gross ineptitude somewhere else.

But to be fair, the dessert was yummie... :)

Comments

Emmy Lou said…
oh Adam's state (shaking head) :) best wishes on the cake!

Popular Posts