So Much To Do....So Little Time

So- I am still basking in the glory of my carrot cake triumph. But I don't have much time to pat myself on the back because a new challenge is right around the corner.

Dev graduates from ASC Saturday, May 9th. Most of his family is headed to Alamosa on Friday, May 8th and staying until Sunday.

I have to say that part of me can't wait, because I haven't had the opportunity to entertain much since we moved out here. But the other part of me, who knows how tiny our apartment is, is scared stiff.

I decided to offer dinner Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday night's dinner will serve as a sort of graduation celebration. Friday night's dinner is the least I can do, considering everyone is driving at least 4 hours and forking out bucks for hotel rooms.

To make things slightly easier on myself, I am planning the menu around things I can put together this weekend, or during the week, and pop in the oven when I need them.

Here's what I'm thinking so far......

Friday dinner-
Tea, Soda, Water
Homemade salsa and guacamole with chips as an appetizer
Smothered chicken burritos
Mexican Rice
Crock Pot Chile Beans
Homemade ice cream (probably vanilla with some toppings)

Saturday Breakfast (in a hurry since graduation is at 10am and there will be several people here getting ready)
Orange and Apple juices, coffee
Fruit
Bagels with assorted spreads
Cereal for the kids

Saturday Lunch-
Tea, soda or water
Meat and Cheese Tray with homemade bread
Assorted Chips

Saturday Dinner-
Beer, tea, soda, water, wine
Bruschetta as an appetizer
Lasagna
Garlic bread
Antipasti Salad
German Chocolate Cake
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Sunday Brunch (for Mother's Day)
Juice and Coffee
Bacon Swiss Quiche
Spinach Cheddar Quiche
Yogurt and Granola
Fruit Salad

Most of these things can be prepared pretty far in advance and refrigerated or frozen. The few things that can't be prepared ahead can be put together without too much fuss the day of.

The big challenge in all of this is planning and grocery buying. I really want to get the lion's share of it done this weekend.

I will endeavor to keep you posted on my progress...

Comments

Diane said…
No wonder I have a headache!

Popular Posts