Jinx

Today started out as a beautiful day. Polston had their Spring Carnival today, and Melodie and I were manning the popcorn machine.

I set off for school on my bicycle this morning, wearing jean capris, a tshirt and a light sweater. Oh- and covered head to toe in spf 70 sunblock.

Around noon the wind began to kick up, as it always does. Dev texted me and asked if I wanted him to come pick me up. I decided to decline his offer and ride my bike home. When will I learn????

I made it all the way home, but barely. The wind was awful. Crossing the Hwy 160 bridge against the wind was almost impossible. I ended up walking my bike over the top and coasting down the other side. By then my legs were like jello and it took forever to make it all the way to the apartment. I had to text Dev from the bottom of the stairs and ask him to help me carry my bike upstairs into the apartment. How wussy is that???

After showering and changing clothes, we were off to run errands- recycling, library run, grocery store. Because it was such a beautiful, sunny day, I decided it was time for the first annual wearing of the shorts. I should have known it would jinx the rest of the day.

An hour later, we walked out of the library and the temp had dropped at least 15 degrees and the wind was blowing like crazy. Needless to say, I was freezing my butt off. But I didn't want to go home and change, because we only had one more stop to make (which was the grocery store- cold even when the weather outside is stifling hot). So I toughed it out and braved the refrigerated City Market in order to put food on the table yet another week.

I suppose to guard against another unseasonable turn of the weather, I won't try putting on shorts again til July...

Comments

brooks1986 said…
Yep, I haven't been brave enough to do shorts yet...I'm still wearing long sleeved shirts. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks City Market is the frozen tundra!

Popular Posts