The Garden is In!!!!!





It has finally warmed up enough here to plant the garden! I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen this year. We knew we had to get it planted before we left for GA, but the night time temps were still below freezing up until a few days ago.

We planted sugar snap peas, spinach, carrots, swiss chard, lettuce, potatoes (red and blue), tomatoes, squash and cucumbers. In the deck planter box we put grape tomatoes, basil and oregano. I also put in 2 lemon grass plants in the corner of the yard.

We've been composting since we moved in, and we were able to use quite a bit of it to till into the garden soil earlier in the spring. It made some beautiful soil.

Gardening is hard work. I've never planted a garden like this. I've lived in apartments most of my adult life, so my gardens have always been in containers- no weeding or hoeing necessary!

Hopefully I'll remember to take pics along the way as our garden begins to grow. Dev has been working like a mad man, and it will break his heart if it doesn't take off.

Wish us luck!!! Here are some pics of the set up...

Comments

Popular Posts