Oops Again

I forgot to talk about dinner.

We have stopped for the night in Huntsville, TX. And yes, we're still in Texas. I know TX is a big state. One look at any map will tell you that. However, until you are driving through it, you really don't appreciate how massive it is. It just keeps going forever and ever.

We stopped in a little town called Chillicothe, TX at a pecan stand. We didn't buy any regular pecans (because they were $10 for a quart sized baggie), but we did buy some Bourbon Praline Pecans. They were yummie, until we got down the road and looked at the list of ingredients. Bourbon flavoring was the last one. Bleh. I did see one of my friend Damon's cookbooks for sale there, though. That was cool.

And now I'm sitting at the Holiday Inn Express in Huntsville, TX, after having dinner at a local seafood place. I had a combo platter of fried shrimp and oysters. Dev had the grilled fish. Mine was good, but his was better. When am I going to get over the fried seafood thing?? You would think my culinary horizons had expanded a bit beyond that, huh? Apparently not.

Comments

Popular Posts