Midnight Train to GA- Day 1

So Dev and I are driving back home to GA over the next 4 days. My plan is to take a little time each night and chronicle the events of our days on the road.


That's the traditional "Sixteen Candles" pic we take before all road trips. Here's Dev attempting to remove all the bug entrails from the windshield during one of our pit stops...


We have another tradition on road trips. We always stop and take pics of each other standing near the state name signs. This is the one I took of Dev as we crossed from CO into NM.


The first day of the trip was relatively uneventful.

We breakfasted (is breakfast a verb? I guess it is now) on leftover pancakes. Believe it or not, I actually planned it that way. I wanted there to be minimal clean up. I love it when a plan actually works, don't you? Another totally out of character plan that seems to have worked thus far is packing a cooler so we can have picnic lunches. Traveling is ridiculously expensive, what with hotel stays, fuel and eating meals out. As a way to keep our costs down on the trip, I packed a cooler with canned drinks, several different kinds of cheese and crackers, cold cuts and sliced bread, some steamed sugar snap peas, and sliced cucumbers. Add a few condiments and biodegradable paper plates, and you've got yourself lunch! Four lunches, to be exact.

When we finally stopped for the evening, we were in Amarillo, TX. It was pretty late, and we were both tired, so we opted for Chilis for dinner. I really don't care much for Chilis, or any other chain like that, really. But it's so easy and cheap, I fell under it's spell. Dev even pointed out a local BBQ place, and I still opted for Chilis. What is wrong with me?? I am finally back in the South, and I bypass BBQ in favor of mass produced chain store food? I think I've been brainwashed. Needless to say, this mistake WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!! You can bet on it.

Comments

Popular Posts