Hamburgers



Burgers are one of the things I find most challenging as a home cook. Every time I've tried to make a burger at home, it has always turned out dry. Then I try fillers and they taste like meatballs instead of burgers.

Today I decided to try something new to see what happened.

I went to City Market and bought a pork shoulder and some beef chuck steaks. I cubed up the meat, seasoned it with salt, pepper and BBQ seasonings and asked Dev to run it all through the grinder for me. I used half pork and half beef.

The resulting burgers were amazing! The pork kept the texture soft and juicy, but the beef flavor was still there. I topped mine with the BBQ sauce I made earlier. Normally I would also go for cheese, but tonight it was all about the meat.

I was really happy with the result. I can't wait to try other combinations of ground meats. Maybe next time I'll try a lamb/beef combo. I bet you could even saute some spinach and grind that in there as well. Hmmmmmm....

Comments

Emmy Lou said…
two things we do to keep our burgers moist are either put a pat of cold butter in middle or blue cheese...mmmm

Popular Posts