Ancient History

Dev gets much enjoyment out of telling the people we meet about how "aloof" I was the first time he messaged me through Yahoo Personals.
I know there are 2 sides to every story, but honestly, Dev has it all wrong. He claims that I "let" him talk to me and that my reply to his first message was snobbish. In reality, my reply to his first message was something like this:
"If you would like to talk to me, my screen name is *******, next time you are on the internet, you can message me."
See? nothing aloof, nothing snobby. I think Dev read into it what he wanted to believe.

So tonight we are driving home from our weekly bowling date with Tonya, Shane, Sarah, Phil and Marni, when this subject rears it's ugly head again. I decided to turn the tables, so I asked him why he decided to try to message me again, if I had been so snobbish during our first exchange.

You will NEVER believe what he said. Not in a million years.

He said......DESPERATION.

Those of you who know Dev, please feel free to email him and tell him what a freak he is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ah - a relationship built on desperation; every girls dream :)
Anonymous said…
*gasp*
michelle said…
Ha! Well... good things do come out of desperation, right? ;)

David will tell you that I "stalked" him. More on that story another time... preferably over drinks. :)
Anonymous said…
In my defense the desperation comment was a joke to ruffle her feathers, which I enjoy doing very much. Im not sure what made me messge her again, but I am very glad that I did.
Mimi said…
Awwwww...it was sweet of you to say that honey, but you are still a freak.
TayDenise said…
haha.
aw:)).
i remeber the first time i met devin.
i didn't like him mainly bkuzz, he was taking my only aunt who lived near me away from me and it didn't make me to happy.
That and he ruined my weekly/monthly visits to spanky's on the river/candy shop:DD

Popular Posts