A Little Peace of Mind...

Peace of mind is something I haven't had very much of lately. After grappling with my job change opportunity, and then acting on it, I have emerged from a state of total self-absorption. And I'm noticing that lots of people are making big decisions. On the FRED list, for example, several of my friends are contemplating changes (Toni and the Colorado move, Jen and the situation with her daughter and school testing, Melessa and her job situation, the list could go on and on). I have been hesitant to chime in on these situations, honestly, because I have been so ridiculously wrapped up in my little pity party. But one of the things that's great about friends is running things past them to see what they think. And because they are your friends, you can depend them to tell you what they really think.

One of the changes I am planning to institute along with my career path change, is to be more responsive and open on the FRED list. I can't begin to tell you how amazing this group of females is. They accepted me into their group unconditionally and I am forever grateful for it. But I haven't really been an active participant on the FRED list since our weekend retreat. But that will change, and soon!

I think I am most looking forward to having more time to do the things I enjoy after changing jobs. I won't have anymore late board meetings or last minute overnight trips to Denver. I can get back into cooking and blogging and practicing my newest foray into the craft world- punchneedle. I have a wonderful friend who is expecting her first baby in January, and if I get on it right now, I might have something resembling a hand made gift to welcome her new family member into the world. I like the idea of that.

It will be a while before the free time kicks in, because I will be working 2 jobs until the middle of October, but I will take full advantage of it when I get the chance.
Oh- and my house is so quiet right now......I have a loaf of wheat bread in the oven (which is such a wonderful smell!) and Devin is napping in the bedroom. So I am taking a few minutes to brain dump and try to preserve what little sanity I have left. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you're feeling a little lighter. Was hoping it wasn't too too bad for you over there (but was afraid it might be). - T.
Anonymous said…
Don't forget us little people here in GA - you can always brain dump to us too.

Popular Posts