Dukes of Hazzard, Twenty Something Years Later...

This weekend I caught several episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard on CMT.

When I was a kid, I NEVER missed an episode. I think it came on Friday nights.

I noticed some things while I re-visited my obsession this weekend.

First- Tom Wopat really wasn't all that. Luke Duke was my favorite, mostly because my sister liked Bo, and I couldn't like the same one she liked! The same thing happened with the Hardy Boys....she liked Shaun Cassidy, so by default I liked Parker Stevenson.

Second- Did you ever notice that when the Duke boys were sliding in the windows of the General Lee, the engine consistently roared to life before they were all the way in the car? Impressive.

Third- The General Lee spent more time airborne than it did rolling on the dirt roads.

Fourth- The people who guest starred as good guys or bad guys on this show were there same ones who you would see again Saturday night on the "Love Boat" or "Fantasy Island."

And another disconcerting thing...The mechanic (I think his name on the show might have been Cooter) is now a member of the House of Representatives representing a portion of north Georgia. Then again, Sonny Bono did that.

Ok- I think I'm done now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well now, I don't know about you, but I don't think they are gonna get out of this one...that's what I remember of the show - and I pretty much just hear Preston's voice...also I like Bo - of course - when did I NOT like the blonde one? :) By the way - glad to see you are spending the weekend like you should!

Popular Posts