Enchilada Lasagna



Diane posted a recipe for Enchilada Lasagna on the food blog about a week ago. It sounded so yummie I had to try it.

So tonight I did it, only I used it to clean out my crisper drawer, so I added a few things to it.

First, I lightly oiled a pyrex deep dish pie pan. Then I poured some canned enchilada sauce in the bottom. I put a flour tortilla on the sauce, then added half of the filling I made (I sauteed half an onion, a zucchini, mushrooms, a can of diced green chiles, and half a tomato in olive oil, ground cumin and ground coriander). I topped that with a little sauce, some shredded monterey jack and colby, then another tortilla and repeated the process. I topped it with a tortilla, the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese.

It baked in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes- until it was all hot and bubbly. It was garnished with slices of avacado and fresh tomato, along with a dollop of sour cream and some scallions.

I served it with a spinach salad (spinach, cucumber, mushroom, scallions and balsamic vinaigrette) and a glass of shiraz/grenache blend. Here's the salad and wine:

Comments

Popular Posts