New Hobbies and New Habits...

So I've been doing lots of cooking lately (especially since we FINALLY have drinkable water again). But I've also picked up a few new hobbies since Spring Break, and I've been spending more time getting into those.

When I was a kid, someone took the time to teach me how to knit. I don't remember exactly who it was, but I think it was a babysitter. Anyhoo, it's been years since I even thought about it. Over spring break I dug out my knitting needles, and Dev's mom gave me a refresher course. The result has been a lot of fun. Rest assured I won't be cranking out socks or scarves anytime soon, but I am working on these little bookmarks as end of the year presents for the students in my classes...



Speaking of revisiting childhood crafts, I have also renewed my interest in macrame. I don't have any samples yet because I don' really know what I'm doing and I haven't had time to get clasps. I am planning on making some bracelets and necklaces, using non-traditional materials (like ribbon instead of hemp).

And lastly I have been attempting some beading. So far I have made several pairs of earrings (can't give pics because they are gifts and I don't want to let the cat out of the bag). I'm having fun looking at beading magazines and websites trying to find simple designs to recreate.

I also found time to read. I just finished "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan. You can find the Amazon.com info on it here.

I enjoyed the book, and soon I'll sit down and write a post about it.

Right now I've gotta go pick Dev up from class!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute bookmarks! I like the googly eyes - Di

Popular Posts