Shrimp Cheese Ball


IMG_1378, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

I am helping do the food for a baby shower at school on Tuesday, so I thought I'd get the jump on some of the prep work today.

Here is the recipe for the shrimp cheese ball:

1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. havarti, grated (I used a combo of cheddar & colby jack)
4 green onions, chopped
2 t. crushed dried basil (I used greek seasoning)
1 t. dried rosemary (I used 2 T. fresh)
1 t. salt
6 oz. cooked shrimp, chopped (I cheated and used 2 small cans)
Paprika (for garnish)

Dump everything in a bowl except paprika. Mix until it comes together. You are supposed to form it into a ball then coat it with paprika. I just put it in a bowl to serve with crackers. I will sprinkle the paprika right as I put it in the table.
This is really good, and would be better if you used leftover grilled shrimp. The canned ones have little flavor, but I didn't have any real shrimp.

Comments

Popular Posts