blueberry poundcake


blueberry poundcake, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

This was my main Saturday project. I have yet to make a poundcake at high altitude, and I decided to wait no more.

I found this recipe in an issue of Paula Deen's magazine. I know. I have said so many times I can't stand to watch her, but everytime I pick up an issue of her magazine, I want to cook every dirn thing in it!

So when I saw this recipe, I could not resist. And it turned out beautifully. I think my Mom would be proud!!

Blueberry Poundcake from Paula Deen

2 c. (4 sticks) butter, softened
3 c. sugar (I subtracted 6 tablespoons for altitude)
6 large eggs
4 c. all purpose flour
1 T. baking powder (I subtracted 3/4 t. for altitude)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I added 3 tablespoons for altitude)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)

Preheat oven to 350 (I used 375 because of altitude). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed, blending well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Fold in blueberries, and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a wooden cake tester comes out clean. Shield top of cake loosely with foil halfway through cooking to prevent excess browning. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

This was yummie!! My next post will show what I did with it for dessert Saturday night!

Comments

Popular Posts