Ga Vacation Day 11

Friday was set aside to go visit my friend Chris in Statesboro.

Chris and I have known each other since I was a high school sophomore and he was a freshman. The minute we met, we just clicked. There was a prolonged period of time when we didn't see each other, but as soon as we bumped back into each other, it was right back to normal. I know I've said it several times over the course of chronicling my vacation, but I feel so fortunate to have so many friends who've been a part of my life for so long. I have always found it easy to make friends, but these friends are different. They know me better than I know myself. We've been through tough times together. These are people I can count on and who know they can count on me.

Wow- I should get back to talking about vacation before things get too heavy...

Dev and I got to Statesboro right at lunchtime, so we immediately jumped in Chris' car and went to El Sombrero in Statesboro. When we both lived in Savannah, Chris and I had a standing dinner date on Monday nights to go eat Mexican food, so this choice was no surprise. I had a taco salad, and it was everything a taco salad is supposed to be- really fattening. I think I ate the entire thing, bowl and all.

We spent the afternoon playing a game called Sequence. It is one of those strategy games that I never do well at. I did manage to win one round, but I'm pretty sure it was dumb luck.

We headed back to Savannah about 4:30. After calling Di to check on dinner plans, we stopped by Sho Nuff on Hwy 17 to buy some seafood. We ended up with 2 pounds of shrimp.

Di then proceeded to make one of my favorite dinners ever- friend shrimp. She breads them with panko crumbs and shallow fries them in a cast iron skillet. I absolutely love shrimp done this way. We had some beers and ate lots of good food. I believe we all sat around and watched a Braves game after dinner. I don't think Friday could be any better.

Comments

Popular Posts