thai chicken soup


thai chicken soup, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

I'm gonna confess right up front that this recipe is a total cheat. But it is so fast, and so good, that I will do it many, many more times!

I found this recipe in the January 2009 issue of "Real Simple" magazine. The article was about short cuts to quick meals using things you probably have in your pantry.

There was a section on chicken noodle soup- things you can make using canned chicken noodle soup. I decided to give one of the ideas a try. I'm not sure how the soup got in the pantry, because I don't like canned chicken soup, but it was there, nonetheless.

Here's the recipe:

Thai Coconut Soup

2 14 oz. cans of chicken noodle soup
1/2 c. coconut milk (I used more)
2 t. fresh lime juice
Chopped cilantro

You bring the soup and coconut milk to a simmer, then stir in the lime juice. Ladle it in bowls and stir in chopped cilantro. I wanted mine to have more kick, so I also added a healthy dose of Sriracha hot sauce.

I was using store brand, regular chicken noodle soup. Next time I will find an organic, lower sodium type, and it will probably be even better. But really- this was good. I expected it to be ok, but it was really good. Even Devin liked it, so it must have hit the mark!

Comments

Popular Posts