Ga Vacation Day 9

Wednesday was a very busy day...

We headed downtown to meet my friend Jaime for lunch at the SoHo South Cafe on Liberty Street. Jaime caught me up on all the changes at Bethesda, plus news about some of the students I knew while I was there.

I love the food at SoHo. I've eaten there dozens of times and I always leave happy. On this particular day I had the crab cake sandwich with spicy southwestern potato salad. The crab cake was pretty good (Di's were better), but I was disappointed in the southwestern potato salad. It just didn't do it for me. It didn't have much flavor. And it wasn't even spicy. Oh well, everyone has an off day, right??

The down side to our lunch was the PARKING TICKET I GOT WHILE WE WERE EATING. I was exactly 4 minutes late getting back to the meter, but the ticket was already there. It amazes me that crimes are committed successfully all over downtown, but God forbid you show up late 4 minutes to put more change in your parking meter...someone has already been there and left you a ticket. I guess I should just consider it a $15 parking spot.

The real highlight of the day was the reunion that took place at a new place called Bar Food in Habersham Village. The group assembled there that evening had probably not been together all at once since 1985. The reunion was engineered by my friend Chris (more about him later). He put a message out to our friends on Facebook to meet up at Bar Food at 5:00 Wednesday afternoon. Before the evening was over we had almost the whole gang: Chris, Sandy, Elizabeth, Sherry and me. The only person missing was our friend Lisanne, who lives in Atlanta and is enjoying a new addition to her family- an 18 month old son named Daniel. Other friends also joined in the fun- Diane, Suzanne, and their friends Jamie and Clayton. A good time was had by all! And the food was as good as the company. We ordered and consumed all of the following: Pimento Cheese and Shrimp Salad, Bleu Chips, BBQ Wontons, Baked Brie, Creme Brulee, Cheese cake and a Southern PuPu Platter (Tomato sandwiches, meatballs and boiled shrimp). I was so full afterwards I could hardly move!!

Comments

Popular Posts