Ga Vacation Day 10

I felt guilty several times during the trip home. I kept dragging Devin to all these dinners and suppers, making him listen to the same stories over and over, sitting with people he had never seen before in his life. I swear he did that at least once a day every day we were home. Poor guy.

Thursday, we met my friends Ray and Randy at Blowin' Smoke BBQ for lunch. I guess I should explain that Ray is my ex-husband. We are still very good friends, and I wouldn't dream of coming home without seeing him. He caught me up on all the happenings in the choir I used to sing in, as well as news about his sister and her family in Atlanta.

Ray and I always managed to eat well, so it was no surprise that he picked another of my favorite places to eat. For an appetizer we ordered the fried pickles- which were great. I think I enjoyed the dipping sauce as much as the pickles themselves. I ordered the grilled veggie sandwich with hand cut french fries for lunch, and it was really really good. Dev had the brisket sandwich, and it was wonderful as well.

On the way back to the southside of town, we stopped by and visited with Ray's mother, Delores, for a long while. It had been years since I'd seen her, and it was just like no time had passed. She is still so easy to talk to!

That night we met one of my former students, Alan, and his family for dinner at Papa's on Whitemarsh Island. Alan is another of the students in the class I mentioned in an earlier vacation post. I became friends with his mother Angela while Alan was in my class. Again, it wouldn't be a trip home without going to dinner with Alan and Angie and the rest of their family! Alan also makes me very proud, as he has goals and dreams I have no doubt he'll reach. Alan loves to tinker with computers, so I'm sure whatever he does, it will be technology related. I hope he knows how lucky he is to have such wonderful support from his family. I know his mom will do whatever it takes to help him be successful in whatever he chooses to do.

As for the food, I was so busy talking, I don't remember much about it. We had some kind of warm seafood dip for an appetizer, and I ordered grilled shrimp and sweet potato fries for dinner. The best part was the sweet potato fries...they were crispy and perfectly fried. I have never been able to replicate that at home.

When we got home that night we hung new curtains in my mom's bedroom. I think they definitely make a huge difference in the room. A room just doesn't seem finished or lived in unless there are curtains on the windows!

Comments

Popular Posts