The Calm Before the Storm


IMG_0996, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

I am practising some deep breathing exercises, trying not to be nervous about my date with destiny.
Today I will face my fear of sushi rice. Head on. No safety net.
I went ahead and prepared all the items I will need for the rolls (except the avacado).
Here is the list of rolls I'm planning to make (if the rice works, and if I have enough):
1. California Roll- cucumber, shrimp (instead of crabstick) and avacado.
2. Dev's California Roll- cucumber, shrimp and asparagus
3. Veggie Roll- roasted mushroom, tomato and asparagus
4. Shrimp Roll- shrimp and cucumber
5. Philly Roll- smoked salmon, cream cheese and avacado
6. Shrimp Rio Grande Roll- shrimp and cucumber, topped with pico de gallo
I am planning to start rinsing the rice and making the seasoning mixture at 4:00. I think this is when the pre-game shows start as well.
Stay tuned- more pics to come!

Comments

Popular Posts