Roasted Veggie Enchiladas Part II


IMG_1021, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

To call these enchiladas is actually a gross miscarriage of culinary justice. They are in the shape of enchiladas, but that's where the similarities end. I used flour tortillas instead of corn (cuz that's what I had) and several other substitutions about which you are fixing to read.

Here's what I did....

After I made and blended the sauce, and chopped up the veggies, I sauteed half an onion (chopped) in some olive oil. Then I added the chopped veggies, just to warm them through.

To the veggies I added 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons of goat cheese. After that melted in, I took the filling off the heat.

I put about 2 tablespoons of filling in each tortilla, then sprinkled in some finely chopped cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese. I rolled them up and put them in my 8x8 brownie pan, then smothered the rolls with the sauce. Then to completely confuse the ethnic/culinary issue- I sprinkled an Italian cheese blend on top.

It went in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I garnished with 2 pieces of roasted asparagus.

To say this tasted good would be an understatement. I will cook this again. Although not at all authentic, it is a fun twist on a southwestern favorite.

Comments

Anonymous said…
my favorite part of this blog is the careful attention to grammar and the fancy verbage and then the use of "fixing" thrown in there for good measure. Next time though, make it "fixin'"

Popular Posts