Clancy's- A Review

I don't know why I hadn't been to Clancy's before last night. I've heard several people say wonderful things about it, but I just never think about it when we are going out to eat.
Yesterday was the anniversary of my first date with Dev, so I was looking for something different to do for dinner and decided to give Clancy's a try...

There were not very many people there, considering it was Monday night and really cold, so I wasn't surprised. But that also meant that slow service could not be blamed on the volume of customers.

We were seated quickly, and our waiter immediately came over to get drink orders. He came back to take our orders, but Dev needed a little more time. Of course, he didn't need the amount of time it took for our waiter to come back, but, oh well.

Dev ordered the pan fried trout and the chicken soup. I had the eggplant parm with a house salad.

The salad and soup were delivered with reasonable promptness. Dev said the soup was ok, but not great. My salad was very good- nice mix of greens and the dressing at least seemed like it had not been poured out of a bottle.

When our entrees were delivered, I knew Dev was in trouble. The fish looked good enough, but it was served with a piddly little baked potato and mound of what looked like big canned peas with pearl onions. Now I did taste the fish, which was fine. I didn't have any of the potato or the peas, but Dev took one bite of the peas and avoided them from that point forward.

My eggplant, on the other hand, was wonderful. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce was very good. The two giant slices of eggplant were breaded nicely and retained their crispiness all the way to the table. As a matter of fact, I warmed the slice of eggplant and pasta I couldn't eat last night for lunch today, and the eggplant breading was still crispy. The garlic bread was good, but a little greasy for my taste.

I think I'll have trouble getting Dev to go back, but I would go back for the eggplant. Was the service perfect? No. But I haven't really been anywhere here where I was happy with the service. So by Alamosa standards, my meal was above average. I'm sure Dev would disagree.

My conclusion? If you'd like to take me to lunch somewhere, I'd happily go back to Clancy's.

Oh- and the review was an afterthought, so I didn't take my camera. I know- bad blogger!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like their breakfasts. Yummy Belgian Waffles. Let's go sometime.

Popular Posts