Mental Traffic Jam

It seems like forever since I sat down to do a real blog entry.

I really haven't been cooking much over the last week because things have been pretty busy around here, now that I'm over the flu.

Let's see....where to begin. I'll just do things like I normally do and talk about things in the order they come to me.

Yoga. I haven't been in 2 weeks. One week because I was sick, and the other week because my yoga instructor was sick. Just in case you were curious, if you skip 2 weeks, it's like starting over. Although I did have my brand new swanky purple yoga mat this week. I had been using the ones at the rec center, but the last few have had some pretty weird looking stains on them so I decided to invest the $25 in one of my own. I felt quite accomplished walking in the rec center with my own yoga mat under my arm. Now if I could just quit craving fried chicken the whole time I'm there I might make some progress.

Speaking of things that aren't good for me.... After tonight's yoga class I was starving, and I had to stop by the grocery store anyway to pick up a few things. So guess what I bought? I bought pre-fabbed bufffalo chicken fingers. Now in my defense, I did bring them home and put them on a salad, but I don't think that helped much. I couldn't help it. I was so hungry, and they looked so good, and they only take 15 minutes.....crap.

Going back to work after a break is always so hard. We had half day Friday and all day Monday off. I loved not setting the alarm for 4 days straight. Dev and I even snuck off to Pueblo Monday to do a little civilized shopping. I had to visit Target for dried fruit and my yoga mat, plus Dev wanted to check out clothes at Kohls and the mall. It was a very pleasant day. Next time we are going to plan ahead and venture into Denver- maybe after it warms up a bit...

I read a book over my break. Actually, I read it in 2 days. I am planning on a separate post about it. Diane is reading it as well, so we'll have to see how much our opinions differ.

In a rare event, our local library actually had all 3 books I was looking for. I am now reading "The Book Thief" by Marcus Zusak. I hope it's good.

Comments

Popular Posts