GA Vacation- Day 1

I had 3 main goals for our trip to GA this year...

1- Spend some time with my family.
2- Spend some time with my friends.
3- Eat as much seafood and/or quality food as I could in a two week period.

I think I succeeded on all counts. We had much fun and I managed to gain 3 pounds while we were there.

We packed our bags and set out for an adventure on Tuesday, July 14th.

I have always had pretty good luck when I fly. Statistically speaking, I guess I was due for some trouble.

Everthing was fine from Montrose to Denver. We had time to eat lunch and wander around the airport for a while. But then, our flight was delayed due to mechanical problems. This is ok with me, because I don't want there to be any doubt about the ability of my airplane to make it all the way to its destination. I don't want to get 3/4 of the way there, I want to make it all the way. The only problem was, our layover in Chicago was only half an hour. Needless to say, we missed our connection to Savannah. And not surprisingly, there were no other flights to Savannah that evening. So we got a free night in Chicago, courtesy of United Airlines. We stayed at the Wyndham Airport, which was nice enough. We even watched the All Star Game whilst eating free food in the hotel bar. But we had to get to bed early, because we had to be on the hotel shuttle back to the airport at 4:30am. Yes, I said 4:30am. And we made it.

Comments

Popular Posts