green chile corn muffins


green chile corn muffins, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

I had several projects for Sunday, and this was the first one.

I saw this recipe in the September 2009 issue of Rachael Ray's magazine. I had all the ingredients on hand, so I decided to give it a whirl. I'm glad I did, because these turned out really well!

Here's the recipe:

Chile Cheese Corn Muffins

2 1/3 cups flour (I used 2 1/3 cups white and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 c. frozen corn, thawed (I used fresh off the cob)
1 can diced green chiles (I used frozen chiles)
1/2 c. plus 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1 c. milk
1/2 c. mayo

Preheat the oven to 425. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in the corn, chiles and 1/2 c. of the cheese. Stir in the milk and mayo. Spoon the mixture into a non stick, 6 cup jumbo muffin pan (I used my 12 muffin pan).
Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes more.

I needed a little extra liquid, so I used the juice from the frozen chiles.

Comments

Popular Posts